Nuclay Solutions is a leading Salesforce consulting partner that major organizations and associations worldwide trust. We offer custom solutions to help manage all aspects of volunteer programs with Salesforce. Our certified experts designed a “Volunteer Management” platform for our nonprofit client that manages recruitment, scheduling, creating shifts, and tracking hours. We help volunteer programs to grow cost-efficiently and generate high returns for their organization.
The client is a leading nonprofit organization that signs up volunteers who are looking for ways to give back - both locally and around the country. Such volunteers help with simple organizational tasks to show support for their favourite charity while inviting friends, family, and coworkers to the cause.
Nuclay helps nonprofits attract the right volunteer by making it easy for them to post a job, search volunteer database, and choose the right candidate according to their preferences. We understand volunteers save time and money for the nonprofit’s cause. Hence, we make sure that our client receives the right help to run a highly successful campaign.
Here are some difficulties that the nonprofit was facing before our intervention. They were looking for an exact solution that met the following requirements:
1. A way to manage the entire volunteer campaign through their existing Salesforce platform.
2. A solution to manage volunteers jobs efficiently.
3. Some way to keep track of volunteer time, workloads, and what each person volunteers for through an automated solution.
4. An automated solution to monitor the skills of each volunteer and assess where they can be most helpful.
5. The client also wanted a calendar view of the jobs and shifts on the organization's website.
6. They asked to automate the process through which volunteers sign up for shifts through their nonprofit website.
7. The nonprofit organization also asked for an automated way for volunteers to report their hours easily.
8. A solution to send email reminders to confirm volunteers about their upcoming shifts.
9. The client was also looking to automate sending “Thank You” emails to volunteers after they sign up for a shift
The idea was to integrate Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) into the existing system of the nonprofit. The V4S is a tool to help manage an organization's volunteering program, events, and people. It handles many volunteer management tasks, just as the client expected.
We used the standard Salesforce objects like “Contacts” and “Campaigns” to build our solution. We also introduced some custom objects into the Salesforce.org platform to target the specific needs of the client. Here is a list of objects we used along with their explanation:
The process begins when a volunteer signs for a specific job or a certain shift. This means that they are working either as a member of a team or for an individual event. The difference between a job and a shift is that with a shift, one can showcase their skills, ability, and character to interested employers.
Nuclay allows you to maximise the potential of every volunteer by making sure that the volunteers receive great hands-on experience. Our team works alongside your in-house team to manage all Volunteer Management processes. Here is a workflow we used to create a solution for our nonprofit client
|Setup crew||4-6 PM|
|Waitstaff||6-8 PM and 8-10 PM|
|Bartenders||6-8 PM and 8-10 PM|
|Cleanup crew||10 PM- 12 AM|
Here campaign is the key event under which you can assign the job type and shifts.
With the V4S system, we improved the pre-existing system and handled many common volunteer management processes such as.
We are a Salesforce consulting partner focused on helping our clients make the best use of their investment in the platform. We help nonprofits to automate their volunteer campaign in a short time. By utilizing Salesforce's robust foundation of features, we work with you to build a VMS specifically tailored to your nonprofit's needs. You can discuss your project and requirement through email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will get back to you as soon as possible and start creating something unique for your organization.Contact Us